iWeb/mobile me ?

Reaction score
New switcher here. I just heard about iWeb. If I'm right, this is a program for building web sites on a Mac. ??

I found an "iWeb" icon on my Mac, and when I clicked to open it, it brought up a window for "mobile me". What is the difference? Why didn't iWeb open? Help!

OP
R
Reaction score
Nevermind! I clicked "no thanks", and that window closed, and iWeb opened! Woot!

C

chas_m

Congrats on switching.

MobileMe is a suite of internet services from Apple. It makes doing creative things on your Mac easier.

You do NOT have to have MobileMe in order to use or publish websites using iWeb, but its certainly quite handy and less hassle than the non-MM methods.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks. Ok, we already have web sites and hosting; I understand that I CAN (re-)build our sites with iWeb and publish them to either mobile me or to my current web host using FTP, or I can work on the site and "publish" the files to a folder on my own computer until I am ready to switch the whole site over?

C

chas_m

That's correct. You can either upload the revised files using iWeb's built-in FTP, or you can publish to a local folder and then upload that using the FTP program of your choice. Most people prefer the former.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.