OS X Applications more difficult than PC?

P

Photoshawwwp

I was talking to one of my friends today who is primarily a PC user. He got a job at a local college working on computers, and at this college they have some Macs. He was telling me he was on a Powerbook G4 (not that it matters), and he was telling me that he was using AIM and Mozilla. I asked why he wasn't using iChat and Safari and he said that AIM and Mozilla were easier to use since thats what he used on his PC. I just converted to a Mac user a couple months ago, but I found iChat and Safari to be just as easy, if not easier, than AIM and Mozilla. How do other people feel about this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
iChat and Safari are much simpler to use than AIM and Mozilla, but if you are used to all of the functionality and the option menus on AIM and Mozilla you will probably like the similarities in the OS X version

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I personally do not like ichat at all...I used aim for the longest time but decided now that i like adium alot. Safari is the browser of choice for me though, I like saffari alot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I usually use Adium but iChat has the best video conferencing by far

Reaction score
I like to use Adium for my messanger, I didn't like the messanging style of iChat. As for browsers I was using Firefox but for whatever reason within the last week it has crashed on me ALOT so I switched to Safari and I actually like it better. I've heard of Camino, how is it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Camino is pretty good, and I'd place it at a similar level to Firefox. I personally like Safari the best though...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.