DVD Rippin' Opinions Needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In the house: MacBook Pro, MacBook, iPod Classic, iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, Apple TV, Airport Extreme
Hello All,

I am tackling a task that I have been putting off for about 5 years and need some opinions. I just bought my first Apple TV and have decided to tackle the job of backing all my DVDs up. I have something like 4,500 (approximately) which is why I have been putting this off. Since the task is pretty crazy, I was willing to drop the money on some ripping software and thats where I need your opinions.

What are the names of a few I should look at?

I have tried Handbreak and found it to be a bit dodgy when dealing with DVDs from other regions that I have purchased while living abroad. Also, some of my movies are right protected and I believe that is giving it some issues as well. Same thing goes for RipIt, plus I think it just takes to long.

Also, if you are really sweet, you will let me know what the best settings would be... I'm a little noob when it comes to this. Is a gig too big per file? What is the best file format for quality?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.