I can't find the Addres Book's contacts and the old Calendar after re-installing S.O.

Reaction score
Hi to all

I am no expert of MAC, however yesterday I am adventured into the re-installation of Leopard during the installation process I was asked if I wanted to save data of the old system in a folder called "Previous System", clearly I accepted and I thought that all the data whoud be saved in that folder.

But unfortunately now I can not find the old contacts of my Address Book and the calendar data on my "old" calendar.

Do you know if there is a way to recover this data?

Now I have an HD folder created automatically when you install Leopard called "Previous System" which in theory should contain all the info of the old system, I urgently need contacts of the Address Book and calendar the old calendar.

In the Image below you can see the screenshot of the directory of the new sistem :

screenshot2zy.jpg

And in the Image below you can see the screenshot of the directory of the old system, that is called Previous System :
screenshot1sv.jpg

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Flavio

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Under the previous system they should be located here:

/Users/your user name/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/

The contents are data base files so you will have to copy everything - if you can find them.

Next time before you decide to reinstall the operating system, use Time Machine to backup everything to an external hard drive first. Recovering data such as address book contacts is easy with Time Machine.

Regards.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your help!

I have fix the problem with the AddressBook, tomorrow I will try to find the folders of my OLD iPhoto application and iCalendar.

Any suggestions about where can I find them?

In the directory "previous sistem" I haven't found the directory called "iCal"(for the calendar) the only directory that I found is called "calendars" and I don't know if is the correct directory for the ICalendar application. I will try to find the old directory of IPhoto.

Thanks to all!

Flavio Refrigeri

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.