• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

PC users are funny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Ok I just laughed harder 5 minutes than I have in my entire life.

I have a 13inch Aluminum Unibody 2GB 160GB HD Mint condition I have it listed on Craigslist, I just got a call from a woman with a 2 year Dell Laptop that had a hard drive issue and she actually wanted to trade me for it.... lol

I wasn't even insulted, I honestly thought it hilarious.

I just don't get it....... anyway I had to share that,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)
I have also gotten strange enquiries from people at Craigslist. I listed a $700 Sony Ericsson mobile phone to the price of $350 (mint condition). One person asked if I would accept $75 and an iPod nano. What made him think that I wanted a 1st gen iPod nano so badly that I would credit him $275 for it?

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I have also gotten strange enquiries from people at Craigslist. I listed a $700 Sony Ericsson mobile phone to the price of $350 (mint condition). One person asked if I would accept $75 and an iPod nano. What made him think that I wanted a 1st gen iPod nano so badly that I would credit him $275 for it?

Ya, I mean with just as many killer deals on CL, There are just as many weirdos,crap and low ball offers.

BTW: Love the sig...lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7
@ bargsbeer

how much are you selling this mbp?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)
BTW: Love the sig...lol
Thank you! :) When people wrote about the bars at the iPhone display going down, some of them even stating that Apple had not tested the devices properly, my thoughts drifted to the pre-launch incident. Hence the phrase of my sig.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
lol. Funny.

Now for a nice threadjack!

Speaking of PC people being funny:
I was doing a repair job (have a side business doing PC repair and home network and theater installations), and they had a really nasty root-kit. So I tell them it would really be easier for me to back up their personal files and reinstall windows.

They don't have their windows disk, and as it turns out their windows install is a bootleg. I tell them I can't mess with that install and they'll have to buy a new windows key. Say they can't afford it...I suggest linux as a good alternative, since the computer is mostly used for surfing the web and stuff, anyway.

The guy looks at me, half yelling, with the most serious look on his face: "I don't know how happy I'd be without windows in my life!" lol

BTW, he declined the repair and his computer is now bricked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
Me and a friend were playing CSS on Steam together while waiting for folks to show up for band practice. I was playing on my MB, he was playing on his giant Asus home theatre system he calls a laptop. There is still a glitch in the mac version, you go to adjust graphics settings, the game starts zooming in on everything and you have to restart the game.

He says "Thats what happens when you own a Mac."

20 minutes later everyone shows up, he goes to close Steam and it crashes and hangs up his OS. Do I need to say how I responded? lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.