How do I get my apps back? Help!!

Reaction score
My old 3GS broke so I got a new one for free. Plugged it in and tried to sync it with all information and setting from my old one. That went fine.
The problem is that all my applications dissappeared. Had apps for like 30$ on it. Everything else is there.

Was checking my "Mobile Applications" folder in the iTunes folder and that one is now empty for some reason.

How do I get them all back? Please help me

Reaction score
if im not mistaken, the apps can be re-downloaded using your iTunes account for free.

Reaction score
Not sure if you solved this problem already but I just had my iPhone 3g die because i mistakenly submerged it. I then replaced it with a new iPhone 4 and was worried about my apps like you are, turns out that iTunes backs up your phone when you plug it in to the computer (if you didn't change settings like I didn't on my MacBook Pro.) Then when you plug your new iPhone into your computer it asks you if you want to set it up as a new iPhone or restore from a backup (or something similar) I selected my last backup of my 3g and sure enough, all of my apps, notes, messages, app data, etc all popped up when it was finished restoring.

Hope that helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
...turns out that iTunes backs up your phone when you plug it in to the computer...
This only works if you sync'd your iPhone recently. It will only restore it to the point where it was the last time you sync'd.

Reaction score
This only works if you sync'd your iPhone recently. It will only restore it to the point where it was the last time you sync'd.

Understood, I had to restore it to a point where it was 2 months ago, the last time I was around my computer and had synced the 3G. I didn't care as much about losing apps that I had gotten since because most were free apps, and mostly because the contacts were what I was really worried about losing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.