Hey! Where's the Dock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
One side effect of switching...I have to use my PC for a few things and I keep moving my mouse down to activate the Dock and get momentarily ticked when nothing happens.

Less than a week of using my Mac and I'm already hooked on so many of the features.

Oh the wasted years of PC usership that I'll never get back!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 1.33/512/80GB - Macbook 1.83/CD/2GBs ram.
I can't wait to get my Mini.

M

mangoSharingan

You can have the dock displayed there permanently (if that was what the point of your thread was about). Click on the 'Apple' icon at the top-left, select 'Dock' and then 'Turn Hiding Off'.

OP
Abdiel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
mangoSharingan said:
You can have the dock displayed there permanently (if that was what the point of your thread was about). Click on the 'Apple' icon at the top-left, select 'Dock' and then 'Turn Hiding Off'.

No, I prefer it hidden...I just tend to expect it to pop up on my PC too and it doesn't happen....though will anyone here be surprised if "Longhorn" has a similar feature?

OP
Abdiel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
iFX said:
Windows already has a hide / mouse over visible feature for the task bar.. lol

Yeah, I know....but the Task Bar is not "the Dock". For some reason, the task bar popping up and down annoys the crap out of me...I always make mine visible. I think it's that there isn't enough delay before it pops up that drives me nuts.

To me the Dock is just a better tool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I find the dock to be the only annoying feature of OSX... just because it is so easy to accidentally open a program when trying to bring another one back up from minimizing it.

But it is still way better anything on XP. And yes, I have tried to open the dock on my PC too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have a "dock" on my pc too.... I turned windows xp to look like the gui of mac osx!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
PowerBookG4 said:
I have a "dock" on my pc too.... I turned windows xp to look like the gui of mac osx!

I did that for awhile... But the dock I used didn't really work like a true OSX dock... It was more like just a alias menu. Are you using ObjectDock?

B

BEEEsH

Do this:

Make a new folder. Copy shortcuts of your favorite programs into this folder. Then drag the folder to the bottom of the screen. TADA!!! Now you have a toolbar/dock. All you have to do after that is right click on it, get rid of titles and text, then set to hide.

Enjoy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.