• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone 3G and 3GS battery test: iOS 3 vs. iOS 4 [Macworld]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
iPhone 3G and 3GS battery test: iOS 3 vs. iOS 4 | Phones | From the Lab | Macworld

The iPhone 3G with iOS 4 lasted 5 percent longer (10 minutes) than the iOS 3-configured iPhone 3G. That’s not a big difference, but frankly, I thought battery life would decrease, not increase, after updating the OS.

In these tests, there was an even greater increase in battery life with iOS 4, with the updated iPhone 3GS lasting 14 percent longer (35 minutes) than with iOS 3. This time, downloading our rented movie took less time in iOS 4 than in iOS 3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well each OS update is more optimised then the last. And that's understandable. I think it's a bigger difference then 10 mins but multi-tasking brings that difference down to 10 mins. Which in my opinion is rather good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Well each OS update is more optimised then the last. And that's understandable. I think it's a bigger difference then 10 mins but multi-tasking brings that difference down to 10 mins. Which in my opinion is rather good.

Except that the 3G can't multi-task with iOS 4...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.