DVD-R stuck in my Macbook Superdrive... Seriously stuck

Reaction score
For a school project, I was required to video record an interview. My AV guy rendered the video, and gave the the file on a DVD-R. It is an .m2ts file in a data format on the DVD-R. The disc is stuck, and my OS is showing no signs on its existence. This is day 3.

I have been searching every method over the past 2 days to get this disc to eject. I have tried all of the following:

1. Holding down mouse button during start up
2. Holding down command+option+O+F combo during start up
3. I have tried the drutil commands in terminal
4. I have tried using the battery pack method. Even went as far as putting reversed tape to try and stick the tape on the disc and pulling it out manually.
5. I have tried looking in disc utility in leopard. The disc is not even being recognized in there
6. I have tried using 3rd party apps to eject the disc.

Other than going into Apple to fix the problem, is there any other method that I have not tried?

If I do go into Apple, will I be charged for the service of ejecting the disc?

Thank you guys and Ill be looking forward to your comments.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Other than going into Apple to fix the problem, is there any other method that I have not tried?

Have you tried pushing the optical drive eject button in the upper right corner of the keyboard?...I don't think I saw that method listed in your post.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.