• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Which camcorder to buy?

Reaction score
Hi all.....first time poster here and just recently convert from PC to IMac.

I am headed to Alaska in September and am researching compact camcorders to take with me. Can anyone recommend a good camcorder that will work easily with my new IMac?

I don't want to break the bank, so something less than $1,000 please. :D

Loving the new Mac by the way!

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks iZach....! I have been looking at the Canon units and see that a lot of them show to be IMovie compatible on the Canon webpage. I will be in the Alaska wilderness for 21 days and need something small and light weight with plenty of storage capacity. I like the looks of the units with a HD and two card slots for extra storage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I would look at anything from either Canon of JVC, look at both, and find one that meets your criteria, then post back and show your findings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro
I've used a Canon many times on my iMac, it is better and cheaper if you're willing to go non-Sony.

OP
T
Reaction score
I just bought the Canon HF S200. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but it shouldn't be too long.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.