Iphone won't transfer purchases

Reaction score
When I connect my iPhone 3GS to iTunes, iTunes asks me to upgrade to 4.01. But it recommends I transfer my purchases first. However, when I tell it to transfer my purchases, it syncs for like half a second then nothing happens. I know that my stuff did not transfer b/c when I try to upgrade it stil tells me that the same specific purchases have not been transferred. What's wrong and what can I do to make it work?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Don't have a clue. Same thing happened with mine when I did the update yesterday. I do all of my syncing manually and usually a single tab at a time.

Did sync my apps which installed all the updates I'd done on the phone to my Mac - then went to the iPhone Purchases in the left column and dragged the couple of items I had there to my Mac.

The only other purchased items I had were a couple of books sitting in iBooks which are all already on my iPad. Did nothing with those.

I spent a half hour scratching my head and then just went ahead and did the update at that point. Can't promise it'll be the same for you, but I went looking around afterward and I can't find anything missing on it and the books are still in iBooks although they are not in Books inside iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.