loaded windows 7 bootcamp, problems booting up

Reaction score
i just got my new macbook pro yesterday basic 13"(good deal 999.99). Well today I installed windows 7 with bootcamp and everything seems to be okay. The only problem i'm having is when I reboot/shutdown the computer it automatically starts windows and not mac os. I am able to load mac os by holding the option button while the computer is starting up but i thought when ever the computer boots up it automatically boots mac and not windows. can someone help me fix this.

thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to appropriate forum.

You can change the boot order several ways:

1. From Windows 7 - Click on the Boot Camp icon in the tray (looks like a diamond) Select the start up option you wish and reboot.

2. From OS X - System Preferences, Startup Disk. Choose either your MacIntosh HD or Windows 7.

3. Or, you can hold down the Option key after you hear the chime and select which to boot to.

Regards.

OP
L
Reaction score
booting up goes to windows os..... help

i just installed windows 7 on my mbp via bootcamp. the problem i'm having is when i restart/rebot the computer it automatically load windows os and not mac os. I'm having to press the option button at start up to give me the option to boot up mac os. How do I go about making mac os to start up first?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Change your startup disk in System Preferences => Startup Disk or in Windows, Control Panel => Boot Camp => Startup Disk.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Merged cross-posts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.