Problem with Windows 7 iso

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb question I don't know much. I am trying to get Windows 7 to run so I downloaded the Windows 7 Professional iso. When I try to burn it to a dvd with disk utility though I get an error: "Unable to attach 'Windows7Professional64bit.iso' (not recognized)" and I don't know why.... Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds like a corrupted ISO download. I assume you're downloading from the MS site or do you have a MSDN subscription? In any event, try downloading it again and burn the ISO once more. You might also trying burning the ISO with software other than DU (if you have other software). The slower the burn, the better.

Regards.

Reaction score
This has happened to other posters - it's a big download and doesn't take much to get corrupted. As chscag says, most often a re-do of the download will fix the issue.

Cheers

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
If Microsoft's retail sales use the same distribution method as they do for MSDN subscribers (and I'm not sure why they wouldn't), then they use their own download manager that has QA measures to ensure a good file.

If what we're talking about here is a pirated copy, then go fish.

Reaction score
Press the right mouse button and then press the option button to reveal the "open with" command.
I could offer to download the programs you need and upload them as ZIP instead of DMG.

Reaction score
It even happens with legit downloads, even with the QA checker. I had the same problem when I downloaded Ubuntu, for example. Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.