DiskWarrior Question

Reaction score
I have a mid 2010 MBP, and was considering purchasing DiskWarrior. I had thought about it as an addition to the "tool chest" just in case.

I am aware that currently, this version of the MBP can't boot from the disk; but I make regular backups with SuperDuper that could be used if I made a backup with DiskWarrior installed.

My question is, do I really need it if I use SuperDuper? I make frequent regular backups with SuperDuper; and I also use Time Machine.

I certainly don't mind getting it if it would be useful; just seems like if I run into a problem I could do a complete restore.

Any advice?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Disk Warrior is certainly a nice tool to have in one's repair chest. It's entirely up to you whether or not to make the purchase. However, comparing SuperDuper or CCC to DW is not appropriate as they do different things.

Regards.

C

chas_m

DW repairs directory corruption, which can happen to any drive (including clones), but admittedly with regular clones *and* Time Machine, your chances of actually needing DW are quite slim. Pat yourself on the back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Another vote as DW is the greatest!

Remember to visit Alsoft web site and upgrade to the latest version from time to time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Having Disk Warrior will make you ultra-popular amongst your Mac friends. it is the ultimate fixit utility.

OP
V
Reaction score
Having Disk Warrior will make you ultra-popular amongst your Mac friends. it is the ultimate fixit utility.
:Mischievous:

Well, I guess that settles it. Actually, I was doing research and discovered it is useful on external HD's. I keep some important home videos on externals. It may come in handy getting the data off if one of those crashes.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.