Suggestions for splitting a DVD-ROM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
I'm having some problems locating a program that can split a DVD-ROM, does anyone know of any Mac compatible programs (preferably free)?

I need it because I want to upgrade the OS on my B&W G3 Server with Tiger*, but my disc is a DVD-ROM and the G3 only has a CD-ROM drive. I've done this before with my PC using Alcohol 120% and I had hoped it could handle Apple discs but it does not. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: Oops, meant Tiger not Panther.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
um, tiger isnt gonna work on your G3 as it is. youll most probably need Xpostfacto, even then, i doubt itll work at a useable speed

AFAIK, i think you could boot from the CDROM in your mac mini over network (looking at your mac specs) HOW exactly im not sure. hold the T key at startup and im pretty sure you get a menu asking which option to boot from.

ive never messed with it, because i did once and i was totally shut out of my mac lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.