multiples...

Reaction score
OK so my husband got a new ipod. And before he asked me he hooked it up to my computer, for the first time. hence forth it reset my itunes to his account. Now when I hook my iphone up it wants to download all the pictures,videos, etc. Is there any way I can wipe his account off my itunes and restore mine, with out having to re download all the things on my iphone? Is there any way I can put a password on my itunes or computer to prevent this from happening again? (He is currently deployed, and will be gone for a while, but I want to prevent this from happening in the future.)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That all depends on what he did. If he created his own library - try this:

quit iTunes
while holding down the Option key start iTunes
in the popup window, select 'Choose Library'
a Finder window will open - select the iTunes folder if not already
there should be only one 'iTunes Library' shown
there should also be a 'Previous iTunes Libraries - highlight it
select the 'iTunes Library' within it

You can go back and forth between libraries in this way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
OK so my husband got a new ipod. And before he asked me he hooked it up to my computer, for the first time. hence forth it reset my itunes to his account. Now when I hook my iphone up it wants to download all the pictures,videos, etc. Is there any way I can wipe his account off my itunes and restore mine, with out having to re download all the things on my iphone? Is there any way I can put a password on my itunes or computer to prevent this from happening again? (He is currently deployed, and will be gone for a while, but I want to prevent this from happening in the future.)
I have three possible solutions:

1. I'd open iTunes without the iPhone attached. Go into Preferences in the iTunes drop down menu and select devices. You can delete all the backups.

2. Restore your iPhone to Factory settings and when it asks to restore, choose new iPhone, not past backup.

3. How about opening up iTunes and going to the Devices tab, as mentioned above? Choose "prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically." Than you can choose what you want to sync on your iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.