• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Please help me win

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro (2009)
Hi everyone,

I've entered this competition and was just hoping you could all vote for me please.

3rd Ward : Jonathan Collingridge

Click the "Rate this artist" link at the top of the page ......... 7 Stars would be nice :D;D;D

Any comments on my images would be appreciated.

Thank you very much

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I really do like the processing you've done with those. What did you use for the B&W conversions ? The tones and contrasting are really fitting, expressing a kind of eerie isolation. And the lighting, although not entirely your own (or did you indeed use any off camera strobes etc ? ) is really perfect. Exposure also seems quite right for the mood. Well done.

Doug

OP
Jbob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro (2009)
Thank you :D

I really do like the processing you've done with those. What did you use for the B&W conversions ? The tones and contrasting are really fitting, expressing a kind of eerie isolation. And the lighting, although not entirely your own (or did you indeed use any off camera strobes etc ? ) is really perfect. Exposure also seems quite right for the mood. Well done.

Doug

I used my 24mm Tilt Shift lens on the 5DMk2 but in a slightly different way to the norm ... I took a straight on shot, then shifted the lens to the left for another, then rotated the lens 360 taking shots every section. If you've used a TS the you'll know what I mean ... Im just crap at explaining. This gives me 14 wide angle shots that are stitched together with PS CS4. The final image size is 90cm x 60cm / 365mb @300dpi, so theres loads of spec to make it even larger lol

To process after stitching I used Silver Efex Pro for the black & white conversion then in PS CS4 I used the dodge and burn tools just like a traditional darkroom. I started my degree course 2 years ago with no experience of photography. So having old school photographers teaching me to use film (5x4 & 120) has really helped when I started using digital this year.

I also have colour versions -

Southwark1Colour.jpg

I wasn't sure which I liked best but the B&W won a big competition so I stick with that for now lol

Thanks for the votes :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Stunning pics brah! Definitely voted 7 stars!

OP
Jbob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro (2009)
I've had an email from 3rd Ward saying that there's just a week left for the online voting.

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far :D

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
I voted.... VERY nice!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Rated 7 stars.

It looks phenomenal, almost fake looking. Like something Apple would use as one of their wallpapers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.