Time Capsule Problem With Windows

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem with my TC, i read every thread here and in other forums.
I spent Days and nights try to figure it out but with no luck at all.
I desperate here as i just paid $500 to buy the TC and isn't working.

The Problem:

1.I configured my TC many times with all possible configuration, the airport is working fine (LED always GREEN) but whenever i try to access the HDD it gives me: Username/Password Error, Netbios problem (Win 7) OR Semaphore timeout period expired (Win XP)...

2.When I restart the TC or the LinkSys It works one time perfectly but as soon as i change anything on TC or restart the computers cannot access again.

3. I used 3 Laptops to test, i even changed the router but with no luck.

4. Windows search and Minimum LAN Settings as suggested in the forums are changed but with no luck also.

Settings:

1. LinkSys (WAG120N)- Primary Router - connected to TC WAN port via Ethernet Cable.

2. TC Firmware 7.5.1 - Came 7.5 and updated to 7.5.1

3. Dynamic WAN IP, TC in Bridge mode, Static LAN IP (192.168.1.100)

4. TC Conf: Create Wireless Network

5. IP4 Conf is Manual, I put the router address 192.168.1.1 in the router address and in the DNS fields

6. i can access the airport utility perfectly, i can even erase the hard disk.

and whenever i try to access the disk via the ip address, i gives me "Path not found" and when i diagnose this it gives me "the resource
192.168.1.100 does not accept incoming connection for file sharing"

Any Idea Please?

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem with my TC, i read every thread here and in other forums.
I spent Days and nights try to figure it out but with no luck at all.
I desperate here as i just paid $500 to buy the TC and isn't working.

The Problem:

1.I configured my TC many times with all possible configuration, the airport is working fine (LED always GREEN) but whenever i try to access the HDD it gives me: Username/Password Error, Netbios problem (Win 7) OR Semaphore timeout period expired (Win XP)...

2.When I restart the TC or the LinkSys It works one time perfectly but as soon as i change anything on TC or restart the computers cannot access again.

3. I used 3 Laptops to test, i even changed the router but with no luck.

4. Windows search and Minimum LAN Settings as suggested in the forums are changed but with no luck also.

Settings:

1. LinkSys (WAG120N)- Primary Router - connected to TC WAN port via Ethernet Cable.

2. TC Firmware 7.5.1 - Came 7.5 and updated to 7.5.1

3. Dynamic WAN IP, TC in Bridge mode, Static LAN IP (192.168.1.100)

4. TC Conf: Create Wireless Network

5. IP4 Conf is Manual, I put the router address 192.168.1.1 in the router address and in the DNS fields

6. i can access the airport utility perfectly, i can even erase the hard disk.

and whenever i try to access the disk via the ip address, i gives me "Path not found" and when i diagnose this it gives me "the resource
192.168.1.100 does not accept incoming connection for file sharing"

Any Idea Please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Please don't crosspost or ask your question multiple times in different placed.

The Community Guidelines state:

Post appropriately.
Search first, post things in the right place, use descriptive thread titles, and don't crosspost. Those things will help get you more timely responses and help keep our community nice and tidy.

Thanks for understanding!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, iMac
I think that you are wanting to access the Time Capsule to use as a external hard drive resource from MS Windows machines, correct?

The error message you are receiving would indicate that the TC responded at the IP address you used but that the request was denied. Sounds like an authorization problem.

On your Mac, bring up AirPort Utility... it is under Applications/Utilities. Select the Disks icon then File Sharing, and put a check mark in the box marked Enable File Sharing.

I do use secure disk with disk password... let's be careful out there!

Does this help?

Mike

OP
T
Reaction score
I think that you are wanting to access the Time Capsule to use as a external hard drive resource from MS Windows machines, correct?

The error message you are receiving would indicate that the TC responded at the IP address you used but that the request was denied. Sounds like an authorization problem.

On your Mac, bring up AirPort Utility... it is under Applications/Utilities. Select the Disks icon then File Sharing, and put a check mark in the box marked Enable File Sharing.

I do use secure disk with disk password... let's be careful out there!

Does this help?

Mike

Hello Mike,

I tried everything here, and i ended up to do a Hard Reset...
Guess What! It works.. BUT...

if my other client/Laptop join the network (not even the TC) the mapped drive in the other Laptop stops sharing TC and write Path not found..!!!

Moreover, if i restart the TC both Laptop can see the TC Normally

WEIRD TC!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.