Does this upset you?

OP
B

badmojo

I read somewhere that Apple executives saw this at that show and remarked something to the effect of "nice machine, just don't try to bring it into the US", implying a possible lawsuit. I am sick of 'China contingent' (my words) copying anything worthwhile. That's their whole business model, don't innovate, just copy really well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
LOL.... That's not right at all.... I hate to see a great design ruined by a bad competitor.

OP
T

Tel

Even if this machine is as good and cheap as the mini, thats besides the point. Its still Apple's concept, its like having a number one song that happens to be a cover, people will always think of the original artist when they here it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I want to see it next to an actual mac-mini next to it, so I can see the difference is size. I am amazed how they could do this?

OP
I

iMe

I was listening to the MacCast not to long ago, and Adam Christianson stated that come chinese company is planning on making an mp3 player called "iPod MP4." He said the only difference between that and the Apple iPods was that the chinese-made "iPod MP4" would be black instead of white.

Can anybody say "Laaaaawwwwsuit"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
Wrap doggie doo in a Hershey wrapper and you still have crap in a chocolate wrapper...

Whatever....the design of the wrapper of Apple is tight and cool but it ain't what its all about....its the OS that makes it different.

I've been using a Mac for less than a week and already when I go back to my PC I get annoyed about all the things it doesn't do as well or as fast.

OP
I

iMe

I hate those tiny holes on the top. a Logo would look much better. Does this company even have a logo?....Its not a fruit is it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
iMe said:
I hate those tiny holes on the top. a Logo would look much better. Does this company even have a logo?....Its not a fruit is it?

It's a banana like on the old Bloom County comic strip.

OP
K

Kokopelli

Personally I like the design, though I won't bother getting one. It has a more "organic" feel to it with the rounded edges. I would wager it is easier to get into than the mini as well.

So all in all I will go the "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" route.

OP
B

BEEEsH

I think the point i'm trying to get across is, apple could lose (or lose some of) its *first time buyer market* or *need a computer for school* market.

If something like this grows wide spread, all of Apple's efforts, all of their creativity and R&D would be completely wasted.

Hopefully, Apple has that design patented (sp?)

OP
B

Badger

Best quote from the story: "However, hard as it may be to believe, millions of apparently sensible people actually want Windows machines and don't want Macs, often for the simple reason that Windows is what they are used to." "Apparently sensible" sums it up well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
BEEEsH said:
Hopefully, Apple has that design patented (sp?)

I'm sure they do... And let's not forget the value of being FIRST with innovative products like the Mini.

Look at the iPod... It was the first of it's kind and quality level.... And it's still going strong. Even though there are dozens of copycat versions out there for much cheaper. Heck, I just bought one today... And I didn't even look at anything else.

Apple has customers with a level of brand loyalty that often defies logic. And a large part of that is because Apple doesn't wait for a good idea to copy... They go out and make something new and different happen themselves, regardless of the risk.

Anybody that would that would buy that PC replica would have bought a PC anyways. It's certainly not going to kill Apple. I'm sure even when devoted PC users see it the first thing they think is.... "Awesome! A PC copy of the Apple Mini!" That can't be good for any PC users ego... Too bad their favorite vendor didn't think of it first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
i second that /\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
remember the emac? they will get sued im sure.

OP
Z

zap2

iMe said:
I was listening to the MacCast not to long ago, and Adam Christianson stated that come chinese company is planning on making an mp3 player called "iPod MP4." He said the only difference between that and the Apple iPods was that the chinese-made "iPod MP4" would be black instead of white.

Can anybody say "Laaaaawwwwsuit"

saw that on ipodlounge.com( can't find the link)

OP
F

Fallooza

i know this hurts but if u r upset about this product u r just an Apple crybaby (just my opinion not a proven fact). i mean who made the first laptop? how many companies make then now? if u have a product or design and nobody Imitates it or steals the consept, probly means it crap. and this just makes Apple have ta go ta the next level with there products ta keep ahead of the compotition. u all (most) hate it and havent got ta use it. maybe its better than a mini?

ignorance |?ign?r?ns| noun lack of knowledge or information : he acted in ignorance of basic procedures. ORIGIN Middle English : via Old French from Latin ignorantia, from ignorant- ‘not knowing’ (see ignorant ).Dictionary
prejudice |?prej?d?s| noun 1 preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience : English prejudice against foreigners | anti-Jewish prejudices. See note at bias . • dislike, hostility, or unjust behavior formed on such a basis : accusations of racial prejudice. 2 chiefly Law harm or injury that results or may result from some action or judgment : prejudice resulting from delay in the institution of the proceedings. verb [ trans. ] 1 give rise to prejudice in (someone); make biased : the statement might prejudice the jury. 2 chiefly Law cause harm to (a state of affairs) : delay is likely to prejudice the child's welfare. PHRASES without prejudice Law without detriment to any existing right or claim : the payment was made without any prejudice to her rights. ORIGIN Middle English (sense 2 of the noun) : from Old French, from Latin praejudicium, from prae ‘in advance’ + judicium ‘judgment.’

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.