Problems with LaCie 2Big 2 NAS staying connected

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been trying to setup a Lacie 2Big 2TB Network NAS via my BT home hub wireless router. Took ages to get it going but eventually got it "going" and even managed to get a good time machine backup after several hours and a few restarts (of everything)

But it seems something is wrong somewhere.
The shared volumes do not remain connected / mounted and/or authenticated for anything approaching permanently.
My next move is to move my itunes library and iphoto onto the NAS to free up some much needed space on the macbook. But if I the volumes keep failing it will be a nightmare.

so these are the details - I am running macbook OSX 10.6.4 - Lacie system version 1.2.6 with the latest LaCie network assistant (LNA) i can find on the site - DHCP set to automatic - shares set as AFP - 2Big 2TB set at Raid 1 - shares are visable through system profiler (although automount is set to no - but ticked as yes through the LNA as auto-mount).

Periodically the LNA says "can't list volumes" - going through finder I get connection failed and "connect as" does nothing.
Restarting the NAS gets the shares available again (usually)

Has anyone had success getting a Lacie 2big network wirelessly connecting to OSX10.6.4? can anyone suggest why this does not work or options to fix / try? otherwise it's going back and i'll rethink network storage.

any help much apreciated

Reaction score
I'm having the EXACT same issue. Have you had any luck resolving it? Anyone offer any answers? Thanks, Mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.