Lens scratches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
As many people on the Apple forum have stated, the camera lense is glass, not plastic. You can go on apples website and see for your site via their forum.

Reaction score
scratched lens

my iphone 4's lens is also scratched. and indeed it seems a bit strange since i didn't have this problem with the previous iphones. my guess is the plan of the lens is not aligned with the plan of the back of the phone, as weird as that sounds. seems that it has an angle :D and this theory of mine is supported by the fact that the scratches are not covering the entire lens, they're only on the outwardly portion of the lens. i'm going to the apple store to ask about this issue, though i doubt they're gonna give me a solution:\

Reaction score
As many people on the Apple forum have stated, the camera lense is glass, not plastic. You can go on apples website and see for your site via their forum.

I searched the iPhone 4 section and looked at the first 3 pages of threads....didn't see anything other than one guy saying it's glass.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
You asked how I know it's plastic.

2. Seeing that it was scratched, I felt it and tapped it and the surrounding area. It's a different material. Guess what? It's not a stronger or more scratch resistant material.

You tapped an area eraser tip, which also has more support from underneath, compared to one that's almost the size of a note card....of course it's going to sound different!! My mda had a camera that was the same exact size. I knew it was a plastic lens because I could bend it in. It's not even close to bending on the iphones lens. Could it be another kind of glass material? Sure! Is it plastic, I'm willing to bet no!

I have come to my own conclusion...it must be made out of rubber!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
sonoluminescent; said:
I searched the iPhone 4 section and looked at the first 3 pages of threads....didn't see anything other than one guy saying it's glass.

Maybe it's time for you to return your phone and quit the complaining?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I believe this thread has run it's course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.