What did you do ?? While waiting for iOS 4 to do its thing :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well, what did you do ??
I am ust updating to iOS 4 and honestly it has taken longer than it took to put SL on my MBP.
So what did you do in the time ?? Freak out because you didnt have your iPhone for a while and you couldnt check your email or get to the next level in Angry Birds.
Did you walk around in circles checking your watch every 22seconds because, your other half asked you to hang a door in the bedroom and you cant do it just yet, because you need the iLevel App and yes, iOS4 is still loading :(

Well i sat here near it, watching it do its thing, read the local rag, look in the job section (just in case my dream job is in there), got all the ingredients together to cook Thai Beef salad and coconut rice....
And oh posted this question in MF :)

Its still going lol

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Mine took about 5 mins on the 3GS. I think I got some iced tea while it was happening :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
I did the upgrade on my iPod Touch and when I saw the estimated download time, I took my iPad and plopped my sorry butt in the recliner and continued reading the last Sidney Sheldon "thriller" on the Kindle app.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If you are talking about the iPhone 3G or similar generation iPod Touch, mine took a while but not as long as some friends I talked to.

The download (my Internet is 3Mbps so 300+ Kb's) took maybe 20 minutes or so. Then the Backup seemed like 30 minutes. I would say 1 hour total. I was getting ready to go shopping with friends and then to dinner and was praying my iPhone would be ready. It got done 5 minutes before I had to leave! :D

While the install was finishing up, I was getting dressed and ready to leave. After the upgrade the phone was very slow for maybe 10 minutes, then fine after that.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
After the upgrade the phone was very slow for maybe 10 minutes, then fine after that.

I upgraded my 2nd Gen iPod Touch and it took about a hour to complete, and i did notice it slow as well, flicking between App screens was jagged and to the point un responsive ??
But all well now :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.