Urgent help with Internet traces and accounts!

Reaction score
Hi there,

Next month there will be a thorough laptop check of all our MacBook 10.5 office computers by IT professionals. I am getting very worried that I might get caught, as I have accessed many inappropriate sites with Chrome using Incognito mode, and the IT people may be able to find traces of my web surfing on my laptop.

Secondly, according to our Laptop Agreement, the use/modification of other people's accounts can lead to our laptops to be confiscated. I occasionally alter the settings on the admin's account (which I was not meant to know the password to) and use it to install software. Sometimes I even use it to do illegal things.

How can I edit all traces of my Internet activity and the use of the admin account? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
You're in a very awkward situation in that the computer is not owned by you, therefore you cannot just erase/reformat the hard drive.

In your situation you should identify ALL the questionable material you have loaded, or software you've altered/modified, on the computer, and remove or restore it - as required.

You must however use:
1. uninstallers that came with the software you installed, or
2. a third-party uninstaller or 'cleaner', such as AppZapper or CleanApp.
They will root out deeply entrenched files that you won't be able to find and deal with manually.

I don't wish to be associated with any illegal activity you may have been doing, but answering your question, and as far as internet activity is concerned, reset the browser(s) you've used, ensuring that all cookies are deleted and caches emptied.

Your final option is to do your best to restore things to what they should be, and, if "caught", 'fess up and plead for mercy! :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Not that I am sure that I should be assisting you with this, but I hope that you at least learn a lesson out of this.
Regardless, it's not for me to judge you, so....
I can tell you that if you go to
User/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#Shared Objects/etc/etc
and
User/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/Macromedia.com/Support/etc/etc
that you will find a bunch of folders (evidence) of some of the places you've visited.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.