iPad clock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" June 09
Is anyone else having a problem with their iPad clock on their 3G device? Mine is 4 minutes slow. Took to Apple store Gemius bar. They blame ATT and ATT blames Apple. Meanwhile it doesn't work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Im sure the Geniuses are correct in this as to blaming AT&T.

Your clock is tuned through the carrier you have your iPad on.
So blame AT&T .....

Cheers

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" June 09
Im sure the Geniuses are correct in this as to blaming AT&T.

Your clock is tuned through the carrier you have your iPad on.
So blame AT&T .....

Cheers

Not true my friend. I can sit in my den with my 3G iPad and my ATT Blackberry side by side. The Blackberry is set to sync with network time as is the iPad. The Blackberry time is correct and the iPad time is 4 minutes off. How can you blame ATT for that? I have two new iphones in the house. Same problem with one of them but not the other.

I thinks it's an internal issue on the device and the way it processes time. It's getting the same data as the BB but has difficulty transposing clock info on the device.

Then again I could be totally wrong and you're right!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Some people over at Apple Discussions solved their problem by getting a new SIM card from their carrier.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" June 09
Some people over at Apple Discussions solved their problem by getting a new SIM card from their carrier.

I have installed two new sim cards and still have the issue. One person at Apple said it might be the account with ATT itself as it's happening on a random basis but it's happening with 50% of the 3G models they said. Most people probably are unaware of it as who looks at their clock other than and OCD person like me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Just a thought, but cant you set the clock manually?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" June 09
Just a thought, but cant you set the clock manually?

Yes you can set it manually but the auto feature is great if you travel because it automatically sets the time for that zone. That's why I would like it to work correctly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.