Lock iPhone screen when on a call

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook black 2.2 GHz, 4Gb Ram - iPhone 4
I am unable to lock my iPhone 4 when I'm on a call. I used to be a to do this on my 3G. Am I missing something? Is there a setting somewhere I am over looking.

Reaction score
I am unable to lock my iPhone 4 when I'm on a call. I used to be a to do this on my 3G. Am I missing something? Is there a setting somewhere I am over looking.

So if you're making a regular call, you don't need to lock the screen because the proximity sensor should take care of that. (although i just exchanged my iP4 because of proximity sensor issues, have yet to see if this was isolated)

Or you can put the call on speakerphone, then you are able to lock the screen without ending the call.

Reaction score
I find I am always putting people on mute when receiving or making a call so this would be useful!

OP
ericg2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't like using speaker phone. I guess there's a lot of people having this same issue. Is it the proximity sensor?

OP
ericg2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i was reading the forums on apple.com, and they were saying that the 4.0.1 update fixed the proximity sensor issues people were seeing... and i guess it did. i updated friday night, and have not seen the problems i was before when on a call. hopefully my problem is solved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.