• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Convert mp4 to iPhone

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if someone could tell me if it is possible to convert mp4 files so that they are compatible with iPhone ( lower the quality of the video ) without losing any of the added information...

I have been using an application called "Visual Hub" and I converted some .mov files to .mp4 but forgot to choose the quality for iPhone.

I have been adding a lot of information to the videos:
- Artist
- Episode ID
- Episode list
- Genre
- TV show
- etc
And there are 78 videos, so you can understand if I don't want to do it all over again :p

I'm using a Macbook ( Leopard 10.5.8 ) and iTunes 9... having a iPhone 3G

So do you guys have any ideas on how to convert .mp4 files for iPhone without losing all the information

Thanks for your answer and your time

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Not sure if it will work for your specific needs but I would give Handbrake a try.

OP
suuunly
Reaction score
Not sure if it will work for your specific needs but I would give Handbrake a try.

Yeah, I already have that application :p
I tried and it did leave out some things but that was only the things that I could have done again within 5 min :(

In case anyone is confused: The application I am already using ( VisualHub ) can also make iPhone compatible .mp4 files so I am not in search for any iPhone video converter..... only one that can help me with my specific problem :D ( Read the first post ( the thread owner ) )

C

chas_m

I just drug an MP4 video file into iTunes, went under the Advanced menu (I could have right-clicked) and chose "Create iPod or iPhone version" (or "Create iPad or Apple TV version") as needed. It then creates another copy that is auto-sized to whichever version you want (you can then delete the "old" one in iTunes).

As far as I know you could select all 78 MP4, choose to create iPhone versions (which would probably happen overnight), then delete the "old" ones and boom there ya go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
You can give Xilisoft video converter a shot, they finally came out with a Mac version, and they have ipod/iphone format settings in there that will convert whatever you pull in there for what you select.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.