• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Upset about direction Apple is heading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
Is anyone kind of upset how the Apple website and the entire fell of the company is all about the iPod and that they seem to care about the iPod more than they do about their computers and other stuff. The iPod is way above the Macintosh on the website. The homepage is also all aobut Podcasting and iTunes. I don't even see why Podcasting is so cool. Oh, well, I guess it just bothers me more than other people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
allot of it is because there bringing out the new models and all the updates , they do that when they have new products / updates .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Ghostshadow said:
allot of it is because there bringing out the new models and all the updates , they do that when they have new products / updates .

Yep....

If you looked at apple.com any time in the last couple months (before yesterday) you would think all that they sold is Tiger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
the front page of the website always reflects the newest of the new...for the past few weeks they only had dashboard widgets up there...when they anounced the new ipods and the new iTunes with podcasting that became their brand new website home page for a while...

they are suposed to make some new anouncements on the 7th of july...they will most likely change the website then...

plus from a business point of view, what is their main seller?? imacs, emacs, powerbooks, ibooks or powermacs???

answer? iPods!!! ...ipods are the majority of their sales, so they sure as heck should be advertising them

i can see how you are anoyed that they push the ipods more than their computers but their computers are for a special breed of people and those people who want them are buying them...no additional advertising (esp on website) is necessary

-chris

I

iMe

Yeah....but I do agree that Apple should be focusing on advertising their computers. ESPECIALLY NOW!! Seriously, does Steve expect his company to fly on through all of 2005 without updating its computers? Updating the computers would only help Apple through the transition :dummy: . And if not advertise on the computers/company, they should make some iTunes commercials. BUT NOMORE IPOD commercials!!!! I think everybody in the world knows about the iPod by now!!
With all the commercials that Rhapsody is doing right now, Apple should step in and advertise their iTunes Music Store.

E

Ey3 D

I think they should make adds with vibrant colors like iPod ads, but to advertise there computers. I agree that they have too many ads for iPods. They have like 15!

Reaction score
I see IPod commercials frequently, but I don't remember the last time I saw a computer commercial for Mac, they should have more of them to try and attract a wider client base...

I

iMe

The last one I saw was when some guy turns on his PowerMac G5, and it was so powerful, that he flew backwards throught the walls of his house and ended up hitting a tree with his back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 CD/2gb/120gb. iMac G5 1.8/2gb/120gb
I dont think I've ever seen an apple computer commerical... actually I think I have during the super bowl a few years back... during the clamshell/color imac days..

S

Santos

Even though they advertise the iPod alot, when you enter an actual Apple store, iPods aren't really the main focus. It's either the iBook, PowerBook, or the iMac. Well atleast over here. I would personally never get an iPod. I really have no use for it. I don't listen to music all that much, and don't really have the time to if I did.

My 2¢ :cool:

J

.Joel

coach_z said:
i can see how you are anoyed that they push the ipods more than their computers but their computers are for a special breed of people and those people who want them are buying them...no additional advertising (esp on website) is necessary

-chris

So they should just stay with the amount of users they have and have no ambition to attract new users ?

Their website is about marketing their products, at present there isn't much happening around the iMac and Powermac front, so obviously they will push other areas. Such as iPods and the new Mac Mini. But i'm sure come the next update, or the intel macs, then like anything, that is what you will see promoted on their frontpage. Same happened with tiger, same will happen with the rest of their product line for the rest of their existance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.