Convert Dynamic disk back to basic

Reaction score
In order to try to expand my boot camp windows partition, I converted my disk to a dynamic disk not having the best knowledge of the subject. Now my entire disk in my Macbook Pro is a dynamic disk, and I`m not able to boot either OS X or Windows 7. How can I revert the process without the loss of data? Is something like this possible to do with a linux live CD?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are various ways to convert a dynamic disk back to basic, however, the free way involves the use of a hex editor - which I do not recommend unless you really know what you're doing.

Probably the easiest is to purchase software that can do it for you. Acronis (the makers of True Image) has a utility to do it - not free of course.

And here's another that's not so expensive: LINK

You might also wish to delete the Windows BC partition using the BC assistant and then start over. Of course that means you will lose everything in Windows.

And... you posted this in the wrong forum. I've moved it to the appropriate forum.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.