Ipod completely died.

Reaction score
I don't know whether I should get a new iPod or to send my current iPod to Apple and see if they can fix it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB ipod touch 3rd gen
what i would recomend doing is both. Send the ipod to apple and see if they can fix it if not so then get a new ipod. Can you please tell me what type of ipod it is and what gen?

Thnaks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
If it's out of warranty then it's going to cost you. It won't cost you anything to get an estimate so you might as well try that first. If it's a lot of money for the repair then getting a new iPod or a used one would be the better way to go IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I believe the warranty is only a year anyway so it looks like you are going to have to pay if you want to repair it. As mentioned you can always see how much it will cost to repair but I have a feeling that it would be more cost effective to either buy a good conditioned used one or get a new one. The repair cost will most likely be worth more than the current value of your iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
The "repair" cost on a 1st generation iPod Touch is $199 but they don't actually repair yours. You send yours in and they send you a refurbished unit back.

Buy a new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.