iOS3 update for iPad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
So after the update to iOS4 on my iPhone3G completely MY LITTLE PONY my iPhone I am a little more wary now.

Anyone tried the iPad update yet please? Is it safe to use? Does it work?

I do get my WiFi connection drop for no reason and my Video Player lock up, both of which are supposedly fixed by the update, so it might be good to have.

Unfortunately I already have a £400 iPhone3G which is so slow it is well-nigh unusable, so I can't really afford to lose the iPad as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
I put 3.2.1 on my iPad last night. DO IT! I thought I didn't have WiFi issues before, but now its even better. I had my router throttled back to B/G only, but I turned on N and now, its even faster. I haven't downloaded a speed checker (yet!), but it sure seems faster.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I tried this last night.

Failed again :(

I had to do a restore and then restore from backup. At least the backup worked this time, but it took hours to complete.

I wish Apple would go back to releasing software which works properly. I still haven't got my iPhone3G fixed yet - not the WOW Mobile Authenticator.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Incidentally, the 'profanity' which has been edited out was actually a series of asterisks. I knew that any rude words would be taken out by the filters so I didn't use one. :)

I confess that turning a £400 iPhone into a paperweight by updating its software did make me feel like saying a naughty word :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Incidentally, the 'profanity' which has been edited out was actually a series of asterisks. I knew that any rude words would be taken out by the filters so I didn't use one. :)
At Mac-Forums, we do not allow the use of profanity in any form.

The Community Guidelines state:

Post appropriately.
This is a community of all types of people. Don’t use profanity, including masked words, or post anything that’s lewd or inappropriate for a large community. If you wouldn’t see it in a Disney movie, don’t post it here.

Thanks for understanding!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I put 3.2.1 on my iPad last night. DO IT! I thought I didn't have WiFi issues before, but now its even better. I had my router throttled back to B/G only, but I turned on N and now, its even faster. I haven't downloaded a speed checker (yet!), but it sure seems faster.

I've noticed a great improvement in wi-fi connection, too. Specifically in signal interruption. Before the update I would get a message that my iPad has lost connection to the router maybe 4 or 5 times a day. Sometimes less than that...

Since the update almost a week ago I haven't had this happen even once!
I haven't really noticed an improvement in "speed".

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I admit I did have issues with my WiFi connection dropping for no apparent reason - good signal, browsing a Forum, click to open another thread and it said it couldn't access that as I was not connected to the Internet.

Early days yet, but I have not had that happen yet since the update.

Maybe the pain was worth it? :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.