Get MBP now or wait for new version?

Reaction score
I was planning on getting a 15" MBP soon but read that Apple will be releasing new ones at end of summer. I don't know many details about the new ones. Does anyone know what will be new, what prices will be, and if it would be worth it to wait another couple months? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
This is a great site to consult.

Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone

Since Apple hasn't shared any release or new model info no one is going to know what's new or what the price will be for it.

But if today's MBP will meet your needs, buy it. You can always wait for "the next one," but if you do that, you'll always be waiting. ;)

Reaction score
Right now is a great time to get one if you are going to/in college. Or if you are a faculty at a college or K-12 school. You get a free iPod Touch (via rebate) and $100-200 off. If you can get this and are in the market for one already you should probably buy one. But who knows? Maybe there will be a drastic design change, you can always buy one now and sell it later to get a new one (if you aren't short on money). I don't think the new computers will be any cheaper than the ones we see today.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.