Downloading microsoft clip art?

C

chas_m

I have to start off by telling you -- that is some FUGLY clip art. MS should be ashamed of themselves.

Ah well. When I visited the page you linked to, I see a catalog of these fugly images. Mousing over them makes a download option appear. I click that and voila, I have a jpeg file. Because I use Safari, the downloaded file opens automatically in Preview.

Do you have MS Office for Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Cool Site

Could someone please help me figure out how to download clip art from the microsoft website?

Despite what Chas says about the website's images ;), it's a simple matter to download. As said, Safari almost does the job for you, but in another browser, Camino in this instance, Option-click downloads the image to a selected destination.

PS. Thank you for posting the site address, I shall be visiting it regularly :D.

OP
S
Reaction score
Wow, I just tried downloading it Safari and I couldn't believe how easy it was! lol. I've has my mac since 2006 and I could never do it with firefox! That was the only reason I ever used my home PC - for Microsoft clipart! haha!

I do have an old (2004) copy of MS Office for mac...but I just got a new macbook pro yesterday and I bought iWork instead!

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Option-click to start a download has been about since OS 9, and works with most browsers because it's a System function rather than software-related.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.