Shutoff shadow effect

Reaction score
with each app opened on the window there is a shadow effect can it be shutoff?

OSX10.6.4

Screen-shot-Shawdow.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Just curious why you'd want to?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If your computer is struggling for resources from the shadow on an app window, then it's time you upgrade for whatever you're wanting to do ;)

C

chas_m

In 2002 or so, I could see how this could be an issue.

But today? In point of fact that shadow isn't taking up ANY CPU resources, as all the on-screen drawing is handled by the video card.

Plus, what schweb said.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
I didn't say I needed it off or it was a problem I only asked can it be shutoff? I'll take your answers as you don't know?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No it can't.

Obviously if you're saying you think it takes up resources, you're implying you have a resource problem. So you might want to back up and read your posts before you start yelling at us for trying to help you. ;)

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
where did I yell?"just thinking" is all I said, didn't imply I had resource problem, just small talk is all it was, your drinking to much coffee schweb lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is what you said

I didn't say I needed it off or it was a problem I only asked can it be shutoff? I'll take your answers as you don't know?

So no, it's not too much coffee. Sometimes, as your momma used to say, it's not what you say it's how you say it. ;)

If I had too much coffee, I'd be telling you to change your avatar as it violates Mac-Forums copyright, but I'm not there yet. ;)

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
Okay,Okay……….leave momma out of it! hilarious!

C

chas_m

And for the record, yes I do know how to turn off the shadowing effect. But I'm disinclined to help obnoxiously contentious people.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
*** is with the insults? it was a question I wasn't rude, been here since 05 and you've been here 6 months and "I'm" obnoxiously contentious? Must be the canadian water
Okay now thats out of the way........comeon man how's it done?

please?

Reaction score
*** is with the insults? ... Must be the canadian water
Okay now thats out of the way........comeon man how's it done?

please?

You honestly think you'll get an answer by tossing an insult in there, on top of your inquiry on why they even exist in this thread? And then act innocent?

No way.

Reaction score
all i have to say is why. you make no sense. why would you think that of all things takes up resources

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.