Looking for Mac Software to maintain web site

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone6s, Mini Server (2011), MBP 15inch i7(2013) Retina, iPad Pro
I'm new to this board and the Mac World. I have a website that I maintained on a Vaio. The wintel was given to a friend and I replaced it with a Mac Book Pro.

Looking for recommendations for what software I should use now.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Please be sure to search first, you'll find valuable information already on the forum by using our search function:

Mac-Forums.com - Search Forums

OP
RattlerMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I used that hi-tech program called FrontPage. Stop laughing, it was free and for a non-profit group.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You can use Dreamweaver, iWeb, Coda, or a host of others.

Honestly, this has been discussed many times before so utilizing search will be your best option to get the information you're looking for to make the best choice.

OP
RattlerMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
tiling the

ok subject is dropped. I'm new to the Mac World and was looking for something to break the ice and start the transition.

Reaction score
software for updating website

hi there,
you know, i am a self-taught webdesigner, and what i have found is, no matter what you used for designing the original site, by far the easiest way to regularly update is using Word or any simple text software, for which you need just a tiny bit of ability to recognise HTML code.

1) look at the relevant page in your browser, and select from the menu >view > view source

2) select all and copy all this text

3) paste the whole lot into a Word document

4) then just edit away, eg removing a word/paragraph/photo/whatever, and /or writing in the new stuff, which can be done by smply copying and pasting a previous paragraph with its HTML code at the beginning and end, and then jsut changing the text.

5) make sure you save it as a .txt file only (NOT HTML)

6) upload it to your server, changing the filename suffix to ".htm"

hope this works for you. I do all mine this way. You can easily add in movies, music clips, whatever, you will find plenty of free HTML code online if you need to learn new code.

Thanks!
Salsadirect

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo :: 13.3" MacBook 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo
Salsadirect that must take you ages!

I highly endorse text editors, SubEthaEdit being my prefered, however Coda is also pretty sweet.

RattlerMac; if you are used to FrontPage (poor guy) you'll get on well with Dreamweaver, but I think that there is FrontPage 2008 for OS X which might be worth looking into...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If text coding isn't your bag then, recently, someone posted about this cool bit of software - I am going to give it a try myself

The Escapers - Flux

If free and open source is what you want then there is KompoZer (quite like FrontPage)
KompoZer - Easy web authoring

If you dont mind building the site again, then iWeb is easy and comes with some slick templates to start you off
(comes on the Mac already)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.