Parallels - win 98

Reaction score
hello :)

iv installed windows 98 using parallels desktop 5

everything loads and works in fine condition. colors r not tht good but im fine..

main issue is that i have some files on a USB drive which i do not know how to access via windows 98. i really need to access the USB in windows 98.

i cant find the option via parallel tools either.

can someone help me pls?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
Hello, I think it's the same problem as with any Win 98 installation - you need to install the USB drivers for your device before it will work. Any more recent OS than 98 will automatically detect and set up most USB devices.

Cheers :)

Hugh

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Windows XP is the oldest version of Windows you should be using..anything prior to that will usually require drivers for most things we take for granted now..

Regards

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Actually, Windows 2000 is probably the oldest version of Windows that he should be using. It's fairly good about plug and play. Win 98 and even Win ME need installable USB drivers before some USB devices can be recognized.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.