Safari being REALLY slow & crashing

Reaction score
My safari on my macbook pro is being sooooo slow, and keeps crashing, and on my iPhone it just won't load any sites, does anyone know what may be causing this or is anyone having the same problems ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

OP
W
Reaction score
ahh ok sorry, been trying to get on her since I posted but the page wouldn't load, youtube won't load either

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Honestly if it's happening on multiple devices, it sounds more like it's your internet that's having the problem, not Safari.

What site is giving you trouble?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you're using Safari 5, then there are others also experiencing issues but no fix has been found yet.

But I still think it's your network because Google should not be slowing down Safari 5 and if it's also affecting your iPhone, that just doesn't make any sense.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Is it limited to only Safari? If not, I agree with schweb that this issue is not caused by your Mac. Do you have any other machines on the network that are experiencing similar issues?

OP
W
Reaction score
its only the safari on my macbook pro & iPhone, the safari on my OH's pc is fine and his internet explorer is fine

and yes it is the safari 5 I have, so is it just a few creases that are being ironed out then ?

it has speeded up a tiny bit now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Duo 4 GB Ram
I think its safari 5 weebarrax0. I was having the same problem with facebook and some other sites and I ended up downloading firefox and now, all is good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.