New Here,Really Need Help With Imac G3 CD-RW/DVD-ROM Drive

D

DeSelby

Hello all,
I just won an auction for a combo drive on ebay (all details are below)
Can anyone please tell me if my imac is able to cater for this drive.
The seller says it is compatible,but I thought I'd ask here for your expert knowledge on this.

Please help!

I have :
iMac G3 350mhz w/CR-ROM (slot loading) OS 9.2.2

Details of the Combo Drive :

You are bidding on a USED Powerbook Combo Drive. This drive was removed from my Powerbook G4 867 Ti and replaced with a Superdrive. This drive is in great working condition, perfect for replacement for CDROM drives or dead combo drives.

PB G4 Titanium 8x8x24 Combo CD/CD-R/CR-RW/DVD-ROM Slot Loading Drive (w/Out Brackets)

This is a GENUINE Apple Part, and will work with Apple desktops and laptops that use a slot-loading slim drive. Please check the Apple website for compatibility. The cost of this drive elswhere is anywhere from $160-290!!! Get this great drive here for much less!

Apple Rom/Apple Logo Internal Replacement 8x8x24 CD-R/RW + 8x DVD-Rom Combo drive for PowerBook G4 Titanium 667MHz - 1GHz models that came stock with a CDRW+DVD or better from the factory.

8X Speed CD-R Writing

8X Speed CD-RW Writing/ReWriting

24X Speed CD-ROM Reading

8X Speed DVD-ROM Reading

Buffer Underrun Protection - no more coasters!

2MB Write Cache

(CD Writing Methods supported)

Disc at Once

Session at Once

Track at Once

Multi-Session

Fixed Packet Writing

Variable Packet Writing v Drive Mechanism Specifications:

Model Matsu****a CW-8121-C

Data Capacity 703Mbytes(Mode 1)

Interface IDE/ATAPI

Buffer Memory 2MBytes

Error Rate Soft Read Error Less than 10-9

Hard Read Error Less than 10-12

Power Requirements Voltage DC+5V-5%

Environmental

Temperature Operating 5-40C

Storage -30-60C

Relative Humidity Operating 5-90%(No condensation)

Storage 5-95%(No condensation)

Mounting Orientation Horizontal or Vertical

Dimensions 137(W)x12.7(H)x146.0(D)mm

This drive has no Bracket, for the same drive with bracket order part number CW-8121-C-B

I am also including a black bezel from a different drive (may or may not be compatible with this drive), so you can install it in a different type of computer or laptop, such as a windows or linux box, and it will have a front on it. If you do this, you will need to buy (somewhere else) the appropriate slim-drive adapter. the bezel is not needed for powerbook use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.