iPod Isn't Getting Some Cover Art

Reaction score
I have meticulously cleaned up iTunes so that almost all of my music has the correct album art and there are almost no duplicate covers.

That said, when I sync up the iPod the cover art doesn't always transfer. Some do and some most definitely do not make it from iTunes on the MacBook to the iPod. I have even tried using Tune Up and although it did work pretty well, it doesn't seem to make a difference when it comes to getting my iPod to receive the correct album art.

Another iPod album art related problem is that I sometimes see podcast art substituted for album art.

So... what gives? Anyone?

Thanks in advance for any help straightening my iPod out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
I had the same issue a while back. The best thing to do is just take the songs that aren't syncing the artwork off the ipod, disconnect the ipod, then trying re-connecting and putting the songs back on. I really couldn't tell you why it does that but it sure is annoying scrolling through your library and then coming across that black sheet.
If that doesn't work, try deleting the artwork picture you have for the album, and maybe find a different source for the artwork (I mean from a different location, same picture).
Hope that works out for ya,
Jmurr

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that.

I just found something else happening that was equally strange. I have one recording artist that has different cover art depending on whether the iPod is held vertically or horizontally. Even more strange is that the cover art is from a completely different artist. So if I hold the iPod horizontally I see the artwork for the correct artist and CD and if I flip the iPod to the vertical position the cover art changes to a different artist altogether. The mismatched cover art is from a CD that I don't even have.

Oh yeah, as long as I am complaining about iPod cover art issues here is one other thing...

There are a few artists on my iPod that have cover art that originates from podcasts and/or videos. That is, the cover art is correct on my MacBook in iTunes but when the music shows up on the iPod the correct cover art has been replaced with artwork that is supposed to be associated with a podcast or video (podcasts and/or videos that are on the iPod).

This issues is only affecting a few audio tracks... perhaps 4 or 5 per thousand songs. Still, it's very annoying.

OP
T
Reaction score
Okay, well I'd like to say that it worked but it didn't. Not 100%, anyway. Perhaps 10% of the cover art was corrected by doing that but the rest is still the same.

Any other ideas on how to correct this problem? Anyone?

(Am I posting this request in the wrong area? Would I get any better response in a different thread category?)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.