Transfering apps & music from old Ipod touch to new?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro - 10.5.8 - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I've just purchased a used 2nd gen Ipod touch, a slight upgrade from my 1st gen Ipod Touch. I would like to know how I can transfer all of my applications to the one I have just purchased. It hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know if any old apps from the previous owner will still be on the Ipod. Regardless, I'd like to take it down to factory defaults so that I don't have any "leftovers," and then put all of my own information onto the device. Could I please get some help with this? While I am thinking it's likely not too difficult, I don't want to make some dumb error and lose a lot of apps and music that I've already put out plenty of money on.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
Well, your new iPod Touch will hopefully be restored to factory defaults already because that's the commonly-known thing to do before selling any Apple device. If for some reason it wasn't restored to factory defaults, you would not be able to use any of the previous owner's apps, or any of their content for that matter, because it's tied to his/her iTunes account. Once you get the new iPod Touch, simply plug it in to your computer & sync it with your iTunes. I highly advise you to set it up as a new iPod Touch, then all of your content (including apps) will sync. After that, just sit back & enjoy the new iPod. I also do feel compelled to tell you that a new iPod Touch is released every September, and this year it's likely to include two cameras (front/back). Not trying to spoil the "new iPod Touch" moment for you, I just feel you have the right to know.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you very much. I really do hope that they restored it; that would make things easier.

I heard about the rumors about the new Ipod coming out, and they really sound exciting. Unfortunately I'm a poor college student with a thirst for technology.. I'm getting used to waiting around for the flashy cool stuff to age and eventually come down in price. I was really lucky to find this one for a reasonable price that didn't kill my pockets. I'm really excited to see what is going to be new on this next model though.. here's to the hope that I might get a job that will enable me to afford the flashy stuff after I graduate...

Reaction score
sync to the same 1st gen pc

sync the music from the 1st gen pc that has all the music on and put it on the itouch hoped this helped:)
-------------------------
YNWA
justice for the 96.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One last question....

I'm not able to get to the ipod yet as I'm on vacation and had a friend pick it up for me, so I emailed the guy I purchased it from and received this reply:

"The iTouch was reset and left all the applications I bought for you to also enjoy and its in perfect conditions! Thanks again!"

Is the fact that they left the applications on the Ipod going to be a problem? I want to use my own account, not the past user's.

C

chas_m

Yes, that's going to be a problem. Luckily, its easily solved by wiping and restoring the iPod Touch from your "old" backup of your old iPod Touch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.