Need help with installation/uninstallation

Reaction score
I recently installed Photoshop CS5 and everything seemed to work out okay, but when I tried to open the program, it failed to open. The error said something to the effect that the installation had failed. I clicked on the uninstall feature and uninstalled it, and then tried to install it again. Again, everything looked like it was going to be fine, but when I went to Applications, there was a folder for Photoshop CS5, and that folder had a couple other folders in it, but no CS5. I went into Finder and looked for the app, and again there were the folders but no Photoshop.

I tried to use AppDelete, but it couldn't find the program to delete. I tried just deleting the folder, but when I tried to install again, the same thing happened again.

Anyone know how I would go about getting the program to install?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Do you have the real Adobe CS5 install disk?

OP
B
Reaction score
Do you have the real Adobe CS5 install disk?

Of course I do.

I guess I should have mentioned that I have CS5 Design Premium, and all the other programs on the disk set up perfectly well. If AppDelete saw the Design Premium suite as one program, then I'd assume that the next step would be to delete the whole thing and re-install. But since AppDelete seems to see each program as an individual entity, I don't see how deleting each program individually would fix the problem, so I haven't tried that.

OP
B
Reaction score
Nevermind, I got it. The uninstaller on the disk wasn't working, but digging through the files on my hard drive in Finder, I found the uninstaller and it worked out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.