Can't find OS X after installing OS 9

Y

YvetteM259

OK, if someone can help.... I had OS X installed on my ibook, then installed OS 9. It gave me the option to install on top of OS X (which at the time I said OK b/c I didn't know better... should have read ahead!!) and then said it couldn't, so I redid it as a new folder. That was successful to install the OS 9. Well, now I can't find OS X at all on the computer. Do I need to reinstall OS X? Is it somewhere in there? When I tried to have it show me the startup disks, there is only one ... did I somehow erase OS X when I put in OS 9 "unsuccessfully" the first time? Would appreciate any help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you may have to reinstall osx to since I think you erased it when you installed the files over the pre-existing operating system... you can try to turn on the computer holding down the X key to boot into osx, this will work if the osx operating system is on the computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.