Bootcamp help please!!!! ASAP!!!!!

Reaction score
I have been trying to install win xp with bootcamp on my macbook air.

I do have a LG slim external drive and i have been trying to load an ISO image that i burned to a disc. (dvd)

I used disk utility to put the iso on the disc.

However when i click bootcamp assistant and install windows, the screen goes black, the os shuts down and the grey screen comes up as if it were to start something, but then i get the little grey apple in the middle of the screen and it flickers between the apple, a circle with a line thru it and a file type icon. just again and again...

I dont know what this means, Does that mean my disc is missing the bootable part? if so how do i get it to work?
Or is there some other problem?

Thanks for your time and i really hope we can get this going.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

OP
R
Reaction score
Sorry about the misplaced post. I just thought because i was on a laptop that the laptop would be where to go, i guess your right software is more appropriate. Thanks for the move :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.