Apple posts iTunes Link Maker

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

Apple posts iTunes Link Maker
October 17, 2003 - 13:16 EDT Apple has posted the iTunes Link Maker, which allows you to easily create a direct link to a song, album or artist on the iTunes Music Store. "This simple Web interface will automatically generate html you can copy-and-paste into your own code to create deep links to any music on the iTunes Music Store. Simpy enter a song name, album name, artist name, or any combination of the three to get started." With the new iTunes 4.1, you can also drag-and-drop links from the store into e-mails, instant messages or Web pages.

My Comments: Good idea.. but I really don't think this is going to do too much, since I know myself.. I would rather link to Amazon since if the person purchased the item.. I would get a percentage of that item.. while with this link.. you don't get anything..

D

dziner

I actually implimented this into the code for my blog. The only reason I think it's cool is that I can post a link to something I like and anyone who has iTunes can take a little listen to it. And if they like it they can purchase it. No money for me but it shows some cool technology from Apple.

T

thePurpleGiant

Another good way to create a link is to find the song you want to link to in the store, then simply drag it's name to the desktop. This will create a link from there. Also you can drag the name into another program (such as Mail) to email the link to someone, without ever using the web based link generator.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.