Which design is better?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
You guys were a big help a couple months ago when I was working on a blog design. Now I'm designing a cover for my band. What do you think of these two? The song is called "1985" (in case that wasn't obvious). I'm going for the Peter Saville/Factory Records/New Order aesthetic.

cover-1985.jpg

cover-1985-03.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7
the second one :p

C

chas_m

The second one DESPERATELY needs a lot of kerning on the numbers, but otherwise is probably the better of the two in the Saville sense you're going for.

PS. You have good taste!

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The second one DESPERATELY needs a lot of kerning on the numbers, but otherwise is probably the better of the two in the Saville sense you're going for.

PS. You have good taste!

Hey, thanks, right back at you. Here's a revamped one: simpler and more retro/referential. Is the composition OK?

cover-1985-06.jpg

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, me too :Blushing:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
I'm in love with number 3. I'll be honest, one was my pick of the first two (aesthetically only, intent aside), but 3 takes the cake.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.