Restoring Ipod

O

october

I just restored my ipod cause it was formated for windows, and I wanted it formated for mac (for the update) and now its just showing me a picture of the ac adapter plugging into a outlet.

Well I don't have my ac adapter with me..and I have it charging on my pb. Is there anyway around this, or does it really need to be plugged into the wall?

I will die without my ipod for the whole day till I can get home to do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
there shouldnt be a problem with recharging it by connecting it to the powerbook. have you tried resetting the ipod? or is the battery drained?

OP
O

october

It was fully charged,

Since I restored it and its reformatted, It seems like its saying I have to plug it in first before I set it up.

How do I restart it? I've tried holding down the play button but it just doesn't go away from the picture of the outlet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if its a 3rd gen, hold down play and menu until you see the apple logo, if its a 4th gen, turn on, then off the hold switch, then hold the menu and select buttons until you see the apple logo. thats about 6 - 10 second on either.

OP
O

october

Well I figured it out.

Because it was just formated the pb was not noticing the ipod was connected so it was not giving it any power (I'm not totally sure why it needs power when its fully charged)

But I remembered I had a car charger, so I just used that for a minute and it completed the set up process and its working fine now.

Was the update for podcasting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, even if you have panther, pod-casting is in itunes now, i love pod-casting.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, the update required you to plug your iPod into a charger to complete the update.

This was only on my 4th gen using a USB cable though, I did all the iPods at work with firewire and didn't run into this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.