New Powerbook G4 not turning on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5 GHz Quad Core i7 Mid 2014 Macbook Pro 15" Retina, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
Hi guys,

I got my new Powerbook G4 in the mail today, but when I got it, it didn't turn on; no chime, the power button wasn't lit, but the DVD drive was doing some stuff. I plugged it into the AC and let it charge, nothing. I took out the battery and plugged in the AC and tried that, nothing. This is a 15 inch model with I believe 1GHz, 512 MB RAM, and 60GB HDD with 10.5 on it, but I can't check. Anyone help?

Tommy McGowan (TommyBNSF)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5 GHz Quad Core i7 Mid 2014 Macbook Pro 15" Retina, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
Actually, when I push the power down it makes a little whine sound you can kind of hear, so it's like it's on, but not all the way. The screen gave a white flash as well and it's like it boots, but the power indicator light is off and when I close it the sleep light isn't on, so anyway anyone suggestions on what the problem is and what I can do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Where did you get this computer? I hope its somewhere that will you let return it. Some online companies sell them for what seems like really cheep, but its still priced much higher than what they're actually worth.

The powerbook g4 is quite old. The problem could be a variety of things such as the logic board or hard drive. So if possible, return it and try to find a more recent model from a trusted source.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.