Problems with Safari 5.0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5", 4GB RAM, 500 GB hdd 16G wi-fi iPad
Hi all. Ever since I downloaded Safari Version 5.0, we have noticed a definite slowdown in web page and video loading. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do to remedy the problem? Any help, as always, is appreciated.

Aaron

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
A friend had a issue with a certain netgear router which basically killed the whole network and the router needed to be restarted every time safari 5 was opened, no issue when using any other browser. Believe its an issue with the DNS cache that safari 5 has.

I had noticed a slower connection when using it with a different netgear router. I'm currently using it at my girlfriends house with a different router and its fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Please be sure to search first, this topic has been discussed before and you'll find valuable information already on the forum by using our search function:

Mac-Forums.com - Search Forums

The Community Guidelines state:

Post appropriately.
Search first, post things in the right place, use descriptive thread titles, and don't crosspost. Those things will help get you more timely responses and help keep our community nice and tidy.

Thanks for understanding!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5", 4GB RAM, 500 GB hdd 16G wi-fi iPad
Thanks all. I use Open DNS as a tool for parental control and found out all I had to do is add the Open DNS addresses to the DNS pane in> system preferences> network>advanced>DNS. Safari now works just like before the upgrade. Sorry to ask before searching. I get lazy sometimes, and don't feel like reading through lots of stuff.:D

Aaron

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.