iphone 4 prevents keyless entry from working

Reaction score
I found that since I have been using my iphone 4, when it is in the same pocket as my key for my chevy that has keyless entry, the key will not work. It works as soon as the key is moved a few inches away. I have a real issue with this as not sure how safe this electromagnetic field is so close to my boys. No issue with the key and iphone 3gs

Reaction score
your babies will come out with the condition known as cyclops eye now because of iPhone 4

Reaction score
I too have a Chevy and have not had this problem. Perhaps Camaro's are immune to this problem, LOL!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
I have a Ford F150 Full cab FX4. No issues. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
how many of you keep your iPhone and keys in the same pocket? I'm always scared of scratchage.

i keep my phone in my left pocket, keys and chapstick in the front pocket, and wallet in the back right pocket.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Do I smell class action lawsuit? Apple must have done this on purpose. RECALL NOW!

Reaction score
how many of you keep your iPhone and keys in the same pocket? I'm always scared of scratchage.

i keep my phone in my left pocket, keys and chapstick in the front pocket, and wallet in the back right pocket.

I'm the same way. I don't keep anything in the same pocket as my phone in case of scratching.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro

Exact same setup here (no iPhone, though)! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
I'm the same way. I don't keep anything in the same pocket as my phone in case of scratching.

Yeah, the phone always gets in the way! :D

Reaction score
hmmm

it's this kind of stuff that makes me wonder how we all won't have testicular cancer in the next 10 years. i think the smartest/safest option , as other posters have mentioned, is to keep the phone out of pocket. bring back the fanny pack!?

Reaction score
You're not suppose to put your cellphone in the same pocket as your keyless entry since the signals tend to interfere with each other. I had the same issue with my blackberry

Reaction score
any cellphone will interfere with those keyless door entries and ignitions. Its been a problem for several years now.

3 Years ago I rented a nissan altima and the rental agent told me DO NOT put the keys next to a cell phone, it can either wipe the date from the key or just cause the key to freak out.

the rental car place said they would charge like $300 if the key was jacked up by my phone. They had it happen a LOT, especially with the Nissan's.

cell phones do not emit enough radiation to cause cancer. Well technically it is possible, but then again, there is about a million things that cause cancer...

Reaction score
I personally can't imagine putting your iPhone in the same pocket as your keys...you must like living on the wild side...LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.