HELP - iMac Purchase

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

This is my 1st time on the MacForums site, and I must say that glad to be apart of a good group of individuals that love & know Macs.

My question is this...

I'm looking at purchasing a iMac 21.5" screen with the 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. I would like to get any advice on this machine, as I would like use the following software : Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects and Final Cut Pro. This is my 1st Mac, and I would like this machine to be my design pc for my entertainment business. I will be purchasing a Mac Book Pro i7 by the 1st of the year, but I would like to use this machine until then. The design work that I will be doing, will not too intensive.

Any advice would be GREAT...thank you for all your assistance.:D

Also...this device comes with the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M video card!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My only advice to you is buy the more expensive 21.5" iMac as it has discrete graphics. (ATI Radeon with 256 MB) The lesser expensive model shares graphics memory with system memory. (nVidia) Well worth the extra $$.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 iMac; 8gb DDR3 ram; ati mobility 4850; 1tb seagate harddrive @7200rpm
You'd want the model with mobility 4670 most likely-- it'll help with photo and video intensive apps. You'll also want 8gigs of ram, you can buy an aftermarket 4gb combo for only like 100usd.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.