iPad Screen Completely Distorted / Scrambled

Reaction score
Hey all,

Have a major issue with my iPad. I believe too much pressure was applied to the screen and the display panel is completely distorted. As you can see from the pic, it's pretty much un-usable.

(note- the picture does not have a reflection on it, the display is really half white/half black).

Has this happened to anyone else. Will Apple fix it?

i.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Why do you believe too much pressure was applied to it? What information are you not divulging?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
Looks like a cracked LCD to me.

I'm willing to bet they will call it abuse and deny any warranty coverage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
Looks like a cracked LCD to me.

I'm willing to bet they will call it abuse and deny any warranty coverage.

I was thinking the same thing. If they determine the problem was caused by abuse, it's highly doubtful they will repair it under warranty.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Note: Thread moved to appropriate forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
That ipad must of been dropped or sat on, takes alot for that effect to happen, remember when Will it Blend on youtube blended an iPad? well he beat it against the counter and it was still on so it must of received direct pressure to screen... Bad news is i dont see you getting a return or Exchange.... good news is apple will prob charge you 200-300 for a new LCD screen...

Looks like someone was sitting on it... I know someone who left it on the couch and someone sat on it and sort of same happend and the guy who sat got up super fast and still... so

YouTube - Will It Blend? - Free iPad Giveaway

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
One thing about the iPad...I can see it being easier to drop (or slip out of your hands) than a laptop!:(

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.